PHD Students


1st year of PhD application procedure

for international students who have never studied in France



To apply, you must have:

  • A thesis subject
Access to the offer of the thesis subjects:
in French:
in English:
  • A thesis supervisor
.Access to research teams:
.Doctoral schools in which the University of Evry Val d’Esonne is engaged:
  • A funding
Access to financing:

You must apply to the doctoral school (ED) via the Adum candidacy portal of the University of Paris Saclay:




After submitting your application online and if you are allowed to register, the academic registration is made via the ADUM Portal.

For more information, please visit:


Important: If your thesis advisor is attached to the University of Evry Val d’Essonne, your administrative registration will take place at the University of Evry Val d’Essonne.

On ADUM, you must follow the following steps:

  • Fill in the necessary information,
  • Download all requested documents,
  • Print the registration authorization form + the requested documents,
  • Have them sign by your Thesis Director, Co-Director and Director of Research Unit,
  • Drop off these documents at the Research and International Relations Office (DRRI) of the University of Evry Val d’Essonne, bd François Mitterrand, 91025 Evry Cedex, Bât. Ile de France, 1st floor (or send them to the Doctoral School (according to the ED, see note information sent to all PhD students).




After a favorable recommendation and the registration authorization granted by the President of UEVE, you will receive an e-mail indicating the procedure to be followed to carry out your administrative registration.


You will be asked to present your original diplomas since the baccalaureate (high school diploma)

Foreign diplomas must be translated by a sworn translator either at the French embassy in your country of origin or by a translator from the Court of Appeal of Paris.

List of sworn translators of the Court of Appeal of Paris:

Your doctorate registration will only be finalized once you get your school certificates from the UEVE General Education Department (Direction de la Scolarité Générale) after checking your registration form and the payment of your registration fees.